I am excited to be part of the Skykomish School District. I have over 31 years’ experience as an educator. My Bachelor’s degree is in Music Education from Illinois State University, and I have a Master’s degree in School Counseling from Lindenwood University.
The opportunities offered at a small school district are unique. My official position at the school is Dean of Students. However, I have several different roles at the school, including the following:
- Counselor – general guidance, scheduling, college and career guidance
- Assessment Coordinator – student assistance and coordination with Aspire, PSAT, ACT, SAT, ASVAB, Smarter Balanced, End of Course exams, and Dibels.
- CTE Director – oversee development of CTE program with the State and dual credit with Universities
- Band Director – an after school band program for students who love to make music together.
- Highly Capable Program – a program that provides additional support to students in areas that they are gifted in.
I assist the Superintendent, as needed, with responsibilities such as orchestrating the school accreditation, student discipline, and reader board slides.